SnapLock Data Compliance
Comply with regulatory mandates and internal IT governance rules.
Write-once, Read-many (WORM) File Locking
Reinforce the permanence and integrity of your data:
- Create nonrewritable, nonerasable data on hard disk drives or flash media to prevent files from being altered or deleted until a predetermined or default retention date.
- Support litigation hold and event-based retention.
- Incrementally append files while remaining locked—ideal for audio or video surveillance and logging.
Certified Data Compliance
Ensure your compliance with applicable regulations.
NetApp? SnapLock? is certified to meet stringent industry requirements, such as the SEC 17a-4(f) rule, FINRA, and CFTC—as well as national requirements for the German-speaking countries (DACH).
Choice of Retention Models
Retain data your way with one license for:
- Compliance—meet the most stringent data retention needs.
- Enterprise—support corporate best practices and requirements not covered by regulatory mandates.
Adhere to organizational best practices.
SnapLock integrates with SnapMirror? technology. You can securely replicate WORM data for compliance and best practices while continuing to enforce retention periods.
Multiple Business Advantages
Meet Regulatory Requirements
Gain secure retention for governmental or industry purposes. Avoid monetary penalties.
Address Corporate Mandates
Gain secure retention for business purposes. Avoid disruption, false consumer claims, etc.
Malicious Act Protection
Gain secure retention to prevent malicious destruction or deletion by a rogue administrator.
Secure Streaming Data
Gain secure retention of audio and video surveillance recordings, emergency phone records, or WORM log files.
How To Buy
Consume the storage your business requires with NetApp OnDemand consumption models.